-->

Saturday, February 05, 2005

I'm back!

As you might have guessed from the title, I'm back.

GOE reading was a good time, as usual. I actually got rid of my sinus infection for a couple of days before contracting a new one; I'm starting to suspect that I am the Rob McKenna of sinus ailments. As at other readings, there was a great deal of work, worship, eating together and good conversation. Also as at other readings, we were treated to near-incessant rain. Last year I kept glancing nervously out my window, wondering if we might not begin building an ark, just in case, you know. This year wasn't quite so bad, but I can only assume that normally-dry Texas for some reason packs in the whole of its precipitation into the first week of February. Just one more thing I don't understand about Texas.

My beloved sister-in-law, a gifted singer-songwriter in the Chicago area, has started her own blog. Check it out. You'll be glad you did. Oh, did I mention she's looking for gigs?

I have a number of other updates to throw out, including -- just in time for no one to care -- Fr. Jason's tips for taking the GOEs, but they'll make their way into separate posts. Glad to be back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

Welcome home! Sorry the weather in Texas was so soggy, but you sure picked an unexpectedly lovely February day to return to the midwest. Here, at least, it was sunny and 50+ - glorious!

Sunday, February 06, 2005 2:53:00 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

Did everyone come back sick? I saw a STL priest friend yesterday and she wasn't letting anyone hug her b/c of the Death Star flu she had acquired in TX.

Let's see,(speaking as a GOE survivor and a former diocesan Examining Chaplain) GOE tip #1--answer the question. Answer the actual question.

Sunday, February 06, 2005 3:05:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Jane Ellen:
Yep, it's the same on this side of the lake (we're due east of Evanston). Basically, the only difference between Texas and here right now is that there is rapidly-melting snow here, and none there. Otherwise, overcast and 40's-50's with internittant rain. Yuck.

Emily:
I don't know what it is, I *LOVE* the readers meeting, but I *ALWAYS* come back sick. Last year I came back gravely ill and was bedridden several days (I lost 15 lbs, not the recommended way, believe me). This year isn't as bad, but I am starting to suspect that it is a fairly common experience.

And yes, as a grizzled GOE veteran (with a reputation for having done quite well on them) you know well the first rule of GOE responses: ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Sunday, February 06, 2005 8:42:00 PM  
Blogger Jane Ellen+ said...

"Answer the question." Yes, I've gotten that message before, and I did my level best to do just that. How well I succeeded... we'll find out in a week or so.

Monday, February 07, 2005 2:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home