-->

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Friday Links

I've added some new blogs to my bloglist on the right.

One is Slacktivist. I like the blog name alot, and he does some wicked fine blogging. (Check out Pope-pourri, a potpourri of pope-oriented factoids.) But the real reason that I am putting him up is that he has (re-) begun his feature, Left Behind Fridays. He's reading the books (and providing appropriate critical and...(cough).. literary analysis) on Fridays; it's really quite wonderful. He reads this trash so that I don't have to, which I consider to be the mental/literary equivalent of taking a bullet for me. Shucks, anyone willing to do that gets a place on the blogroll.

Two others I've just discovered are Canterbury Trail and The Topmost Apple ("Yet More Internet Blather -- But at Half the Price!"), both Anglican/ECUSA blogs which seem interesting and worth following. The author at Canterbury Trail is reading Hauerwas and Wells' Blackwell Companion to Christian Ethics (about which, see more here).

Finally, and this has been linked for some time but I don't think I posted on it: Maggi Dawn's weblog. The Rev. Dr. Dawn is the chaplain at Robinson College, Cambridge, and was formerly chaplain at King's College. (I actually was at a Eucharist there once when she presided, but I didn't know who she was until later.) It's a great, thought-provoking blog, well worth checking out, and even occasionally features comments by someone who goes by the name Rowan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Dylan Breuer said...

I'm also a big fan of Maggi Dawn (who is a Rev. Dr. rather than a Ms.). Good stuff!

Saturday, April 09, 2005 5:36:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Dylan:
Oops -- thanks! A very careless mistake, which I have corrected -- serves me right for writing so late at night.
By the way, I loved your idea on Maggi's blog about "theology happy hour". How often have you done it? How many folks have turned out? How did you get the word out?
Cheers,
JF

Sunday, April 10, 2005 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

Another reason to love Maggi Dawn -- she likes about good food! She has several cookbook links (on the right hand side of her page) to Nigel Slater (my personal favorite) and also Nigella Lawson. Some musicians speak of moving from playing notes to making music: Slater taught me an analogous skill, helping me to move from following recipes to really cooking creatively.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home