-->

Thursday, June 16, 2005

To absolutely no one's surprise...

You scored as Karl Barth. The daddy of 20th Century theology. You perceive liberal theology to be a disaster and so you insist that the revelation of Christ, not human experience, should be the starting point for all theology.

Karl Barth

93%

Anselm

60%

Augustine

60%

John Calvin

47%

Martin Luther

47%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

40%

Jürgen Moltmann

40%

Jonathan Edwards

33%

Paul Tillich

27%

Charles Finney

27%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I didn't know you were so Reformed--good thing Anselm's on that list(grin)

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:23:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Sometimes I surprise myself, too!
(-:

More seriously, I just realized that while the quiz is fun, it is also skewed towards Protestantism. While there are certainly significant parts of Reformed tradition I would not disavow, the quiz in effect asks "which bit of the Reformed tradition are you closer to?"

Apart, perhaps, from Anselm and Augustine, there is no serious exponent of Catholicism: Aquinas is oddly missing. I would probably score rather high with more Church Fathers, especially from the East.

But I do think Barth has a lot going for him, and I am gratified the other two theologians to which I am closest were pre-Reformation catholics.

Thursday, June 16, 2005 3:34:00 PM  
Blogger guanilo said...

I'm a Moltmann. Have to wonder about this, though: I scored higher on Finney than Schleiermacher. I don't think so!

Pretty heavily tilted towards Protestantism, though, isn't it? It would be interesting to see Aquinas (Anselm but no Aquinas? weird choice that), Rahner, and von Balthasar on there and see how that shook it up.

Friday, June 17, 2005 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger guanilo said...

(oops)
JF,

While I'm here, could I solicit your opinion on this post?

I'd greatly value your input as a colleague as well as a fellow blogger.

Argh. This comment reads like spam. Oh well.

Cheers!

Friday, June 17, 2005 7:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home