-->

Thursday, April 27, 2006

A Couple of Links and Miscellaneous Aphorisms

Check out Radical Preaching, a fairly new website which seeks to bring Radical Orthodoxy and local church practice -- particularly worship and preaching -- into close conversation. If Radical Orthodoxy is to have a future (beyond being an academic oddity), this is a crucial project for it. (Thunder Jones is in the list of culprits responsible for this blog.)

Also cruise by Faith and Theology; authored by an Aussie, it is dedicated to contemporary theology and theological reflection. Good stuff.

And read Marshall Scott's blog, too. He's a priest too (ordained twenty years before me), and right now has some interesting musings on the baptismal covenant '>in comparative perspective, and its formative potential.

I hope to get around to putting those two in the links section soon.

I have been thinking of changing my blog name from Gower Street to Grey Space. I know, it's not as catchy (or winningly obscure), but it makes up for it by being an accurate description. (In publishing, blocks of text are known as grey space, and Gower Street is usually little else. Now you know.)

On 'buzz police': I am actually leaning more towards 'buzz cops'. It's a little catchier, slangier, and less respectful. It can also be used more easily as a verb: "I've been buzz copped!"

I've been blogging a lot lately: you know that means I've got something else that I should be doing. My research assessment exercise is coming up sometime in early June, and I will probably be posting more between now and then either taking a break from work or avoiding it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Thunder Jones said...

Thunder Jones is on the list of culprits responsible for this blog, but is exceptionally negligent.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 2:31:00 PM  
Blogger Marshall Scott said...

Thanks so much for looking in at my blog. I'm honored that you find it interesting and helpful.

I do think the Baptismal Covenant (or The Commission, depending on where you're worshipping) makes an interesting point of reflection on differences between the various provinces and opinions within the COmmunion. We believe that prayer shapes belief - that our worship is, in part, to conform us in the Body of Christ. Those differences in how we worship are, then, of interest.

Thanks again.

Monday, May 01, 2006 3:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home