-->

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sorry it's come to this...

I have always encouraged people to post comments, I think it is an important part of the weblog project. (Barnabas helped show why in a recent post.)

I have also always expected people to own what they say. There are no anonymous comments here -- if you have something to say, say it, but be willing to stand by it. No sniping in the Street.

But recently the comment spam has been getting bad, even though it isn't "anonymous". So I've had to enable word verification. I'm sorry about this, but I understand that I am actually fairly late to the game in doing so.

I hope that it doesn't come to me having to moderate the comments. But I will if I have to. I don't accept advertising for Gower Street for money, and I'm sure as heck not going to accept it for free.

2 Comments:

Blogger Pasmoof said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:56:00 PM  
Blogger Pasmoof said...

It's sad to see that we have to censor our blogs from being spammed to death. I remember a time when I heard the word Spam and thought of a Canned Meat Product. Oh how Technology has changed things so much.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005 10:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home