-->

Monday, December 25, 2006

Ain't no sunshine when [it's] gone...

Things have been sort of tough around here recently, owing to the fact that we haven't seen the sun since Tuesday -- that's five going on six days for those of you keeping score at home. This is partly due to our getting less that eight hours of sun in this part of the year; but it is also because we had four solid days of thick fog, and the last two have just been severely overcast. I never realised that the weather -- or at least the sun -- has such an impact on me until I moved here.


So I thought I would post some pictures from some of the (other) most beautiful (and sunny) places in the world, namely, Barbados and the Maldives. Which, by the way, if I ever go walkabout and you need to find me, give me a few days and then try one of these two places -- you'll probably find me there. Not that I ever will, I'm just saying...


And tomorrow -- today, actually -- will be Christmas, which will hopefully help my spirits. And if not, I've got a bottle of Merlot that might help. (And a happy Christmas to you all!)


And then the next day, Boxing Day, we're going with some friends to see the County Beer Barrel rolling contest in Grantchester. We'll be cheering on our lads from the local, the Red Bull in Newnham. It should be a good time for all.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home