-->

Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Book Meme (via the Crimson Rambler)

The Crimson Rambler invited me to participate in a book meme (thank you!).

The meme is as follows:
1) Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more.
2) Find page 123.
3) Find the first five sentences.
4) Post the next three sentences.

Unfortunately, I did this in my living room, and I didn't have a book in front of me and so had to grab the book on the top of a stack on a shelf behind me. (I say unfortunately because...well, you'll see.)

The nearest book of at least 123 pages was Prolégomènes à la charité par Jean-Luc Marion (3e édition, La Différence, Paris, 2007)

The 'next three sentences' are, as follows:

Le regard donc où s'expose l'autre comme tel ne peut, en pesant sur le mien, que lui enjoindre de s'exposer, en retour, à l'insubstituable individualité. Le regard qui accomplit en lui l'insubstituable ne peut m'enjoindre que d'accomplir, en me projetant dans un regard, mon insubstituable. Si dans son regard, l'autre (se) risque a sa dernière individualité, il ne peut m'enjoindre qu'à me risquer, en retour, à mon ultime individualité - à rendre l'insubstituable à l'insubstituable.

So, moving right along, I invite the following to participate:

Jane Ellen
Marshall
Eric George - Il est un pasteur de l'Eglise Réformée de France; je lis son blog depuis janvier.

And, as a way of saying 'welcome back':
I know, it's not the list of usual suspects; if you're one of them, and you'd like to (and have time), jump on in.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Marshall Scott said...

Gee! After all this time, this is the first time I've been asked to participate in a meme.

I think, though, I'll wait until I get home. At the moment, the closest book of sufficient size is Journal of the 75th General Convention of the Episcopal Church. I think I'll spare folks that....

Friday, February 15, 2008 12:45:00 AM  
Blogger Crimson Rambler said...

Thank you -- I think! -- I haven't read anything of Marion's except the interview in Rupert Shortt's "God's Advocates"...which I liked...but it was in English!

Friday, February 15, 2008 1:44:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home