-->

Friday, December 16, 2005

Anniversaries

Today is my ten year wedding anniversary. Yesterday was the four year anniversary of my ordination to the priesthood. Two events, two relationships, two identities which are absolutely central to who I am, and which reflect and shape my loves and my life. And yet they have taken me places -- wonderful places -- that I never could have guessed. I wouldn't be who I am, not even a shadow, if it weren't for these. And like so much of life, they seem more a matter of destiny, of grace and gift, than of canny planning and powerful, autonomous self-direction.

I guess all I can say is "wow", and "thank you".

Oh, and "I'm really looking forward to the rest".

5 Comments:

Blogger Peter Young said...

Happy anniversery to you and Kristen.

Friday, December 16, 2005 1:46:00 PM  
Blogger Eric Lee said...

Happy Anniversary! I'm currently planning a wedding with my fianceƩ, and so reminders of the faithfulness of couples is indeed inspiring! (we're not freaking out, I'm just making the point that what you continue to do is good not only for your own commitment to each other, but also as a witness for the rest of us!)

Peace,

Eric

Friday, December 16, 2005 7:30:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations for your wedding anniversery and anniversery of Ordination.

May God continue to bless you in all you do.

Anderson

Friday, December 16, 2005 8:17:00 PM  
Blogger guanilo said...

Congrats! (And have fun in Paris!)

Saturday, December 17, 2005 1:14:00 AM  
Blogger Pasmoof said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. Ten years....Bless you both.

Monday, December 19, 2005 11:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home