-->

Monday, January 02, 2006

Don't know much about...

...Africa as it turns out.

I took a current events quiz on Africa. I thought that I had probably an average amount of knowledge of African news over the last year, for a fairly literate Western person. I was (probably) right.

But that's not encouraging.

It is a ten question quiz, and while I didn't go 0-for-10, I did hover right around the Mendoza Line, which is worse than I would have done if I had guessed blindly (which, honestly, I mostly did anyway).

The quiz suggests that if your results are less than 60%, then perhaps reading an African blog might be a resolution for the new year. They provide some references to blogs in the answers to the questions. Not a bad idea, in all. (Or if you are skittish about only looking at blogs for your news, why not get a feel for African current events at one news outlet or another?)

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Well, you make me feel better, as I didn't do very well, either, and I consider myself moderately well educated. (We won't mention just how not well I did).

Sigh.

Monday, January 02, 2006 2:30:00 AM  
Blogger Peter Young said...

Well I did 50% but I really only knew three. I guess all of that NPR listening is paying off.

Monday, January 02, 2006 8:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home