-->

Monday, February 27, 2006

How cool is that?

If you have ever dreamed of having a secret passageway, hidden room, or concealed underground lair -- and let's face it, who among us hasn't? -- now your dream can become reality. Creative Home Engineering can install these sweet features in your home, or for slightly less, sell you a prefab DIY kit.

Think of it, a sliding bookcase leading to a secret staircase to a hidden room: How cool is that?

I picked up the link at Life Without Buildings, an architecture blog. I am starting to collect links on another of my areas of passion and concern, urban planning and architecture.

Another link I will add is for The Gutter, a funny/snarky and dead on commentary on contemporary architects, their outsize egos, and the bizarre and inhuman buildings that they create. (Not sure what I am referring to? Check out the proposed Museum Plaza in Louisville Kentucky. (Also here.) That's what I'm talking about.)

The New Urbanist links I posted are all good, but I especially like New Urban Progress. Be sure to check out the Sprawl Manifesto and also his pictures from Middleton Hills, WI, a Duany-Plater-Zyberk new urbanist development just outside Madison. (The Middleton Hills photos are near the bottom of the selection of Madison pics.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home