-->

Monday, February 20, 2006

Too...sick...to...blog...

...or...speak...at...normal...rate....

Ugh, for those who have been wondering about the dearth of blogging around here lately ('dearth' here meaning 'usual lack thereof', or just 'business as usual'), it's because I picked up an exotic British virus known as: influenza.

My body had spent January serving as a revolving door for all manner of nickel and dime infections, and two weeks ago this virus saw me and knew it hit paydirt. Most of the typical symptoms have passed, but the most interesting ones have hung around like longstaying houseguests. The virus added insult to injury and also infected my middle ears (with otitis media, for those keeping score at home), which has rendered me nearly deaf for a little over a week, not to mention constantly dizzy and completely knackered. Oh, and it also gave me a punctured eardrum. What fun!

Unfortunately, that also means I've been able to get far less doctoral-type work done, which means that I will probably have less time in the near future for blog-type fun.

But don't count me out yet -- usually I can't blog unless I actually need to be doing something else, so maybe this will be the beginning of an unusually fruitful blogging period.

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

But admit it--you're enjoying the fact that you got to use "knackered" in a sentence.

(Glad you're feeling better).

Monday, February 20, 2006 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger Philip Young said...

Hope you feel better. The cold and flu viruses are been all over my house. I feel for ya.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006 5:30:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home