-->

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Faith and Food

Two of my favourite things in life are the church and food. And for me they always seem to go together in a million ways, and convey so much of what is good in life.

Parenthesis: This weekend has been quite exciting for us, as on Friday night, my daughter woke up in the middle of the night, called for me, and when I came in said "Daddy, I love Jesus very much". And today she has been walking around writing out a "recipe" on a piece of cardstock in black crayon. Yes, life is good.

So I was really happy to run across Milton Brasher-Cunningham's blog, entitled "Don't Eat Alone". He is both a pastor and a chef, an excellent and exciting combination.

(Maybe "chef" sounds too cold, too technical -- but "cook" doesn't quite convey the level of care that I mean to say. Word-suggestions are welcome...)

I especially appreciated this entry, which contrasts a church business meeting he attended with a church "cooking class" that he led. It's worth a look for all the specific ways it works out in particular the intuitions that many of us have in general.

What makes it all even better is that he has a companion blog which features the recipes he mentions on Don't Eat Alone. Good stuff. (Milton is a friend of Real Live Preacher, which is where I found the original reference.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home