-->

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Body in the US, Mind in the UK

The other day I found myself thinking about Superman: "Superman -- faster than a speeding locomotive, huh?* If the train in question is wagn**, then that really only means a brisk walk."


*Yeah, I realise now that the line is actually 'more powerful than a speeding locomotive', but hey, I am letting you in on my brainwaves: take what you get.

** For my non-UK reader(s), wagn stood for the West Anglia Great Northern railway (or, more commonly, Wait Ages, Get Nowhere), the former operating company of the line between Cambridge and London, among other places. The franchise moved to First Capital Connect in April of this year; I don't know how they're doing, but it may be assumed they follow their timetable more closely than wagn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Fractal Angel said...

I'm sorry to say that First Capital Disconnect are far worse than WAGN ever were. Their first act was to abolish the snack trolleys and their second was to curtail severely the hours at which one can use a one day travelcard or a cheap day return to get out of Kings Cross. I'd got used to First Late Western (when going from Oxford to London) being utterly unreliable and appalling (indeed I was frequently to be heard singing the praises of WAGN); now I'm stuck with them for both mainline bits of the journey between Oxford and Cambridge.

Monday, July 31, 2006 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home