-->

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

No, I don't have a life - why do you ask?

Last spring, when the prognosis of my supervisor's condition became clear, arrangements were made for me to have another supervisor 'waiting in the wings', for if and when Dan could no longer do it. My new supervisor is David F. Ford, for whom I have great respect and sympathy, and with whom, when I applied to Cambridge, I initially thought I might be working.
We had the 'Ford Home Group' today, a fellowship group of theology and doctrine students here at Cambridge, and it happened that David, who hosts it, was getting rid of a pile of clothes, and he thought at the last minute that some postgraduates might like to have a grab at them before sending them to Oxfam. Most of us demurred, but I did make one auspicious acquisition: I now own the tie that he was wearing in his official Cambridge staff photo (picture right).

It's almost like a brush with fame...

Unfortunately, I can't actually think of anything with which I would wear it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher said...

By the by we read a Catholic theologian, M. Shawn Copeland, the other day who kept quoting Ford about Communion. She kinda thinks solidarity with other people is the real "Body of Christ."
Not sure if Ford would agree with her, I know I have trouble with her logic.
Peace,
Chris

Thursday, November 29, 2007 9:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home