-->

Friday, August 04, 2006

Body in the US, Mind in the UK -- identity in Canada?

I must admit I take a certain perverse, possibly even unhealthy pleasure in the fact that I have been mistaken for being Canadian in three separate countries (the US, the UK, and, yes, Canada).

But this odd quirk took on new dimensions yesterday when, yesterday, I was trying to make reservations over the 'phone with British Airways and they could only quote me my price in dollars Canadian. Of course, I didn't have enough Loonies and Toonies on me to complete the transaction in the proper currency, but I was rather caught off guard that apparently even computers now mistake me for being Canadian.

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Young said...

Why do you think this happens? Has anyone ever said "Oh I thought you were Canadian because..."

Sunday, August 06, 2006 11:30:00 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

No, that's the funny thing. No one has ever specified why, and I haven't thought to pursue it -- or, in the case of the computer, I was helpless to do so.

Monday, August 07, 2006 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home