-->

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I Guess I'm the Pieman

Kind of a rotten day today, but it perked up a bit when I realised that someone new had linked to little ol' Gower Street.

Then I had a look at the blog with the link -- it's named Simply Simon -- and my day got much better indeed. The tagline is 'life, faith, food and the city': four of my favourite things! It is the weblog of The Rev. Dr. Simon Holt, who is trained as a chef, has done pastoral ministry, and now teaches in a seminary: again, a great combination.

So go check out this great blog that I was privileged to find.

If you would like someplace to start: check out his recent posting entitled Tyrannies and Addictions. In it, he discusses some insights he gleaned from a book entitled The Tyranny of the Moment. I found his section on how the impact of information technology creates new poverties in our lives (summarizing, I believe, the book) particularly valuable.

On a related note, Maggi Dawn has been blogging gradually about SLOW. It started out as 'slowing for Lent', a play on 'fasting', a discipline for Lent. It has expanded, and continues on her blog. Here is a category listing of her postings on slow. Definitely worth checking out if you haven't already.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

Food and faith! I"ll have to check it out.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home